Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00am – 5:00pm
Sikorsky Homerun for Heroes
Sponsored by: Sikorsky
Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company, and Teamsters Local 1150 will hold their seventh annual Homerun for Heroes event Aug. 19 to honor and support local military veterans and their families. The public is invited to attend.
The family friendly event, complete with a helicopter landing, music, food and of course baseball, will start at 11 a.m. at the Stadium at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, home of the Bridgeport Bluefish, to honor our military heroes and raise money for four local veterans organizations. The Bluefish will play the New Britain Bees with the game starting at noon.
“Nearly 100 Sikorsky employees volunteer to organize this great event that demonstrates Sikorsky’s continued commitment to care for our warfighters during and after their service,” said Rebekah Sprano, Sikorsky employee and Homerun for Heroes chair. “We have a wonderful partnership with the veterans organizations that we help, and in the past six years we have donated more than $320,000.”
Bobby Valentine, former major league baseball player and manager, is scheduled to attend and will sign autographs. Tickets are $10.00 each and can be purchased online at: http://bf1.glitnirticketing.com/bfticket/web/logingroup1.php; Contact word: Sikorsky.
Rain date is Sept. 2, 2017.
The event will support the following veterans charities and Community Health Charities:
• The Connecticut Veterans Legal Center (A legal services organization that helps veterans overcome legal barriers to housing, healthcare and income);
• The Connecticut Fallen Heroes Foundation (An organization founded at Sikorsky to honor and recognize the families of those who have fallen in the service of our country);
• The Harkness House/Columbus House (A transitional housing facility in New Haven for homeless veterans); and
• Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes (A community-based transitional home dedicated to homeless female veterans and their children).
- Admission: $10
- Stadium at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, home of the Bridgeport Bluefish
- 500 Main Street
- get directions